- 7:00 pm
- Tentatively reserves the second Monday, but only meet when there are scheduled cases
All meetings of this board are declared to be public meetings and are open to the public at all times.
To find agendas and minutes for BZBA meetings, click here.
Officers & Clerk
The BZBA will, of its own initiative, select a chairman, vice-chairman, secretary, and such other officers and committees as may be required.
The clerk will be provided by the City of Whitehall to handle all the secretarial functions of the board. The clerk or substitute will attend all meetings of the board.
Members are appointed by the Mayor for
- Walter Armes
- Aubrey Bailey
- Bob Weatherby
- Lori Elmore
Types of Cases
- Lot Splits: Under 1 acre in size.
- Variances: A variance, if approved by the board, authorizes the applicant to an exception to the strict application of the Zoning Code, Building Code, or other City codes.
- Administrative Appeals: Appeals to the board may be made by any person who feels they were aggrieved by any officer of the City by virtue of any decision of the administrative officer charged with the enforcement of the Zoning Code, Building Code, and other regulations of the City.
- Similar Use: Specified uses for certain types of business are set forth in our zoning districts. It is further provided, by the Zoning Code, that any other use not specifically named may be permitted if the board determines that such use is of the same general character as a specified or specially permitted use.
360 S. Yearling Road
Whitehall, OH 43213