Court Day Information
- Mandatory Text-to-Check-In: Do not enter City Hall when you arrive. Check-in first by texting your first and last name and the last four digits of your Social Security Number to (614) 949-2776.
- Do not be late for court. For first appearance defendants, your court date and time is noted on your citation.
- Sign in with the Clerk of Court's Office. Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. The Clerk's Office will provide you with a written statement of your rights.
- Your case will be called by the order of check-in. You will first speak with a prosecutor prior to going before the Magistrate.
- If you miss your initial court date, your case will be reset for the next scheduled court date, and a $20 penalty will be assessed.
Exception: Defendants charged with operating a vehicle while impaired (OVI) must appear on the initial court date. Failure to appear will result in a bench warrant issued for your arrest, a block against your license and a $20 penalty.
- If you miss the rescheduled court date, a bench warrant will be issued for your arrest and a block against your license will be filed with the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. A $20 fine will also be assessed.
- If you are unable to pay your fine and costs in full on the day of court, you will be given time to pay. Failure to adhere to the payment agreement can result in a warrant for your arrest, a block against your license and a $20 penalty.
Court Conduct Information
- All persons participating in Mayor's Court should wear respectful clothing.
- All persons participating in Mayor's Court should refrain from talking during the proceedings, except when addressing the Magistrate, testifying or conferring with counsel. Foul or abusive language is prohibited.
- Cell phones are to be turned off.
- Food and drink are prohibited in the courtroom.