The City of Whitehall is committed to providing up-to-date, accurate information to the community through a myriad of communications resources. The Community Affairs Office leads this charge and is also responsible for administering City grants and is here to help connect community members to health and human services resources that exist outside of the City organization.
Connect with the City
Opportunity GuideThe Opportunity Guide (previously known as the Resident Guide) is an annual publication from the City of Whitehall, distributed to all single-family homes and from prominent community locations. The Guide includes an overview of Village service offerings, a community calendar, a community resource guide and more.
View the Opportunity Guide
Annual ReportThe annual report documents the achievements of the City organization each year in an easy-to-read format. Copies of the Annual Report are distributed at the annual State of the City event and can also be picked up from City Hall.
View the Annual Report
About ALERT Franklin County
Stay informed with the help of ALERT Franklin County, a mass notification and warning system. Once registered, this automated system sends you emergency notifications and other warnings directly to your cell phone, home phone or email - your account is completely customizable.
Notifications will come from Franklin County Emergency Management & Homeland Security and the City of Whitehall. Franklin County will use the system to alert you of severe weather, dam failures, terrorism, major hazardous material incidents, major aircraft accidents, significant civil disturbance, major utility disruptions, damage producing earthquakes and other warnings issued by the FCEM&HS Director. The City will use the system to notify residents about crime alerts, road closures, transportation incidents, utility outages, government closings, hydrant flushing, important health updates, community event information and more.
Register for ALERT Franklin County
- Visit the ALERT Franklin County website to get started
- Create your profile
- Select how you would like to receive notifications (text, email, cell phone, home phone or a combination). Remember, text messages are the fastest way to receive emergency information.
- Elect to receive emergency and disaster warnings from the Franklin County EMA.
- Chose the City of Whitehall as your jurisdiction. You may choose more than one jurisdiction, such as if you live and Whitehall and work in the City of Columbus, for example.
- Select which community alerts you would like to receive.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm