- City Government
- City Council
- Standing Committees of Council
Standing Committees of Council
Each of the Standing Committees of Council meets to discuss issues and legislation as they relate to the operation, health, welfare, and safety of the City. As part of City Council’s commitment towards the improvement of the city and implementation of the Strategic Plan, the Standing Committees of Council are aligned with the core areas of focus. The Standing Committees of Council are:
Administration and Financial Management
- Chairperson: Bob Bailey
- Purpose: The Administration and Financial Management Standing Committee works to ensure the City’s financial stability with long-range planning and forecasting, aligning both financial and administrative resources with community and organizational needs, and implement codes to support the initiatives.
Community and Elder Advocacy
- Chairperson: Gerald Dixon
- Purpose: The Community Engagement Committee works to enhance partnerships with various community organizations and strengthen relationships with other local jurisdictions.
Community Standards and Enforcement
- Chairperson: Amy Smith
- Purpose: The Community Standards and Enforcement Standing Committee works to improve both commercial and residential neighborhoods, beautify streetscapes, and promote environmental friendly codes and policies.
- Chairperson: Wes Kantor
- Purpose: The Economic Development Standing Committee works to expand the jobs base throughout the City, develop technological infrastructure for the 21st century, and encourage additional commercial redevelopment / development.
Infrastructure Maintenance and Services
- Chairperson: Karen Conison
- Purpose: The Infrastructure Maintenance and Services Standing Committee works to insure the City provides services that are responsive to community needs, establish codes to upgrade and improve infrastructure, and establish codes to ensure utility compliance.
- Chairperson: Lori Elmore
- Purpose: The Public Safety Standing Committee works to improve effectiveness of crime fighting techniques, engage businesses and citizens in community policing and safety, and mitigate causes of crime.
Parks & Recreation
- Chairperson: Joanna Heck
- Purpose: The Parks & Recreation Committee works to ensure that all of the citizens’ parks and recreation needs are met, enhance community events, and improve facilities.