View the June 20 City Council Presentation by the FCAO >>
The 2023 Property Reappraisal is a process required by Ohio state law through which the Franklin County Auditor updates the value of all properties in an effort to accurately reflect property valuations. This valuation process includes individual exterior review of every property in addition to sales and general market conditions and is designed to ensure updated, fair and equitable values.
The Franklin County Auditor's Office is reporting a "perfect storm" of factors, which are driving up fair market property values countywide. This in turn will increase overall taxable value of homes. Learn about the process from the Know Your Home Value webpage.
2023 Property Reappraisal Timeframe
- August 2023: Property owners notified by FCAO online and via mail about new tentative property valuation
- August 2023: Property owners who disagree with their tentative value may schedule time to speak virtually or in-person with a member of the FCAO appraisal team at a property value review session to educate the Auditor’s office about what they feel their value should be
- September 2023: Individually scheduled 20-minute property value review sessions are held virtually and at physical locations throughout Franklin County
- October 2023: Final property value determinations are set by FCAO after tentative value property review meetings
- December 2023: Property owners who participated in a tentative value property review session are notified by mail of final property values for 2024 tax purposes